Selected GTL Interface Design
Projects from Winter Quarter, 2007
For project specifications,
Please keep in mind some comments while reading the above projects:
- Use Richard Lanham's Paramedic Method to improve writing logically and joyfully.
- Excessive reliance on the the verb “to be” and the passive voice reduces the impact and quality of writing. Please use active voice and a variety of descriptive verbs. For more info see: http://www.ee.calpoly.edu/~dbraun/courses/ee307/activevoice.html
- Please prevent artificial kinks in transient simulation results due to not specifying the maximum time step PSpice uses in the calculations. To specify a smaller step_ceiling, use the .TRAN statement:
.TRAN print_step final_time (results_delay) (step_ceiling)
The last two parameters are officially optional, but I recommend that you specify a step_ceiling no greater than the smaller of final_time/1000 or (rise or fall time)/10.
.TRAN 20p 40n 0 10p
Also, take care that .DC sweeps make sufficiently small steps.
- PSpice Probe Eval Goal Functions can ease extracting information from output plots:
- XatNthY(V(52),1.65,2) is a PSpice Probe Eval Goal Function to find the 2nd time (on a time trace) at which the voltage at node 52 equals 1.65V
- XatNthY(D(V(6)),-1.0,2) is a PSPice Probe Eval Goal Function to find the 2nd voltage (on a VTC) at which the slope of the voltage at node 6 is -1.0
- To obtain average propagation delay tP from VIN node 10 to VOUT node 52, use:
- To obtain average power dissipation averaged over one 10 ns period, use:
- To obtain the FOM power * delay product, use:
- Use standard and complete bibliographic citations to cite references and resources. For example, use the IEEE Style:
 H. Bronleigh, “How to Cite References – IEEE Style,” Murdoch University Library, June 13, 2006. [Online]. Available:http://wwwlib.murdoch.edu.au/find/citation/ieee.html. [Accessed: February 23, 2007]
 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., IEEE Transactions, Journals and Letters: Information for authors. Piscataway NJ: IEEE, 2006. Available: http://www.ieee.org/portal/cms_docs/pubs/transactions/auinfo03.pdf. [Accessed February 23, 2007] pp. 4-5